Welland Park Academy Student Council
TAKING STUDENT VOICE BACK TO ITS ROOTS
The Student Council are a body of students that meet at 8.15am on Tuesdays in order to help identify & improve on issues that may affect a students’ daily experience at Welland Park.
We relaunched in late September 2017 and have since then been very busy!
So far this academic year we have:
- Re-organised the structure of the Student Council to incorporate 2 tiers – a Full Student Council and an Executive Student Council.
- Been part of the process to elect and then continue to work with the Head Boy and Head Girl.
- Been instrumental in bringing about changes in rota systems for PE equipment and the introduction of sports leggings in PE.
- Successfully applied for funding to supply some classrooms with additional Key Stage 4 specific dictionaries.
- Successfully applied for funding to assist with purchasing stands for text books to improve posture within lessons.
- Taken part in some recent appointments of teaching staff.
- Played an active part in the development of ‘Silver Branch’, a newsletter written and edited by KS4 students.
- Been consulted on potential developments in the dining hall and with the Academy uniform.
- Discussed our rewards and sanctions policies and the possible benefits of a house system.
- Discussed plans for a peer based mentoring system.
Ours in a continuing journey of development. We look forward to representing the student body in making progressive and positive changes to our environment and building a closer community within the Academy.
YEAR 11 Ruairidh Maclean (Chair) & Huw Chadwick
YEAR 10 Callum Jackson & Emily Jones
YEAR 9 Loren Harrison & Eve Townsley
YEAR 8 Maeve McKenna & Evie Rous
YEAR 7 Maisie Gibbon / Hanna Maslyk & Izabel Read
FULL STUDENT COUNCIL
YEAR 11 Huw Chadwick, Shannon Gray, Emily Howes, Ruairidh Maclean, Callum Renwick
YEAR 10 Jack Barrs, Callum Jackson, Macy Oldershaw, Molly Pye, Emily Jones, Ashley Mansah Lawrence
Year 9 Huba Agocs, Loren Harrison, Grace Howe, Tayla Hunt, Joseph O’ Connell, Sam Punter,
Luke Thackstone, Eve Townsley, Darius Woodbridge
Year 8 Oscar Gibbon, Olivia Marsden, Maeve McKenna, Eveyln Rous, Hayleigh Turner, Corin Willcocks
Year 7 Daisy Cook, Maisie Gibbon, Hanna Maslyk, Izabel Read, Ellie Wykes
In this section
- Aims and Mission Statement
- Current Vacancies
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Extended Services
- Keystage 4 Results
- Letters To Parents
- Parent Surveys
- Pupil Premium
- School Day
- Student Voice
- Learning Hub
- Term Dates
- Weekly Newsletter