Teaching and Learning at Welland Park Academy
Teaching and Learning is very much the cornerstone of what we do at Welland Park Academy. As a staff team, we aim to focus relentlessly on meeting the needs of each individual pupil, through quality first teaching every lesson, every day, so our young people achieve their very best. To achieve this our Assistant Principal in charge of Teaching and Learning, Caroline Bowden, facilitates the sharing of pedagogical ideas in a range of ways. We have a Teaching and Learning Group made up of representatives from across the school, and a termly Teaching and Learning Bulletin. Past editions of this can be downloaded below.
All departments have created a Curriculum Map for each subject that shows clearly the progression students will make through their time studying that particular subject. The colours on these show the links between topics, skills, and content covered enabling parents and students to see the intent and implementation of each course. The Curriculum Maps can be found here.
Extra-curricular study is crucial for embedding the content and skills and developing a students’ independent learning and resilience. As well as set homework, students can access additional lessons and resources through the following links (WPA is not responsible for external content).
- Name Size
- Teaching Learning Policy CBO June 2020 0.75 MB
- Curriculum Policy July 2020 0.79 MB
- Teaching and Learning Bulletin Autumn 2020 2.72 MB
- Teaching and Learning Bulletin Covid 19 1.12 MB
- Teaching and Learning Bulletin Spring 2020 2.40 MB
- Teaching and Learning Bulletin Autumn 2019 2.95 MB
- Latest News
There are currently no news items.
In this section
- Teaching & Learning
- Art and Design
- Computing, Business and ICT
- Design and Technology
- GCSE Curriculum
- Keystage 4 Results
- Learning Hub
- Learning Support Department
- Media Studies
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Work Experience
- National Citizen Service (NCS)