Citizenship enables pupils to develop knowledge, skills and understanding to become informed, active and responsible members of local, national and global communities. It also incorporates Personal, Social and Health Economic Education (PSHEE) which looks at issues relating to the individual (such as health, finance, and careers).
All students have one Citizenship lesson a week and this is taught by their Form Tutor. However, it is also promoted and delivered in assemblies, enrichment days, activities and events outside of lessons and throughout subject areas.
The Citizenship Curriculum aims to enable students to:
- Develop self-awareness, positive self-esteem and confidence
- Develop a healthy lifestyle
- Learn to keep themselves and others safe
- Develop effective relationships
- Learn to respect the differences between people
- Develop independence and responsibility
- Play an active role as members of society and become good citizens
- Make the most of their abilities
- Reflect on their experiences
- Plan for their future
Head of Department: Mrs Jane Terry - terryj@wellandparkacademy
Please click here for information on our Careers Curriculum.
- Latest News
There are currently no news items.
In this section
- Art and Design
- Computing, Business and ICT
- Design and Technology
- GCSE Curriculum
- Keystage 4 Results
- Learning Hub
- Learning Support Department
- Media Studies
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Work Experience
- National Citizen Service (NCS)