Careers advice and information
At Welland Park Academy, we have a clear commitment to providing independent, impartial Career Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to all our students, from Year 7 onwards. We hold the Career Mark which demonstrates our determination to provide each student with tailored and appropriate support in their career choice. Each student has access to:
- independent, impartial advice
- help tailored to individual students
- a Careers Advisor based on site, accessible at all times
- a one to one interview in Year 10
- guidance on applying for Post 16 education
What happens during the careers interview?
During Year 10, each student will have a 20-minute interview with our Careers Advisor. During this interview, students will have a chat about what they would like to do in the future and the best way for them to achieve their goals. At the end of the session, an Action Plan is drawn up with some suggestions for students to follow to assist them in their choices.
For further information please contact Mrs Hix email@example.com
What are my options post 16?
All students now need to stay in some form of education or training until they are 18. After GCSEs, there are three main pathways to choose from and making the decision between the different pathways needs careful thought.
- General academic e.g. A-Levels (offered at Sixth Form colleges such as Robert Smyth Academy, Beauchamp College etc).
- Work-based: e.g. apprenticeships (learning on the job but also spending some time in college).
- Vocationally-related: this could be through a 'vocational subject' related to a broad employment area (such as business, engineering, IT, health and social care) or through a 'vocational course' that leads to specific jobs (such as hairdressing, accounting, professional cookery or plumbing).
http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/ (National Citizen Service)
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/ (National Careers Service)
https://www.getingofar.gov.uk/ (Government Website for Apprenticeships)
Please see the links below for further information and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Name Size
- AME Careers Events Flyer 0.38 MB
- Balfour Beaty Apprenticeship 0.84 MB
- HSBC Apprenticeship 0.31 MB
- Tarmac Apprenticeship 0.11 MB
- Latest News
There are currently no news items.
In this section
- Art and Design
- BBC Newspaper Day
- GCSE Curriculum
- Computing, Business and ICT
- Design and Technology
- Learning Support Department
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Learning Hub
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Work Experience